Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ready for Concrete

Went out today to find that the inspector had signed off on the foundation.  That means tomorrow is concrete day. 
Concrete trucks pour on Friday, then the slab needs to cure for 3 days.

This wooden form took us a while to figure out.  At first I thought it was my kitchen island, but it just didn't make sense where it was.  I think we finally figured out that it is the downstairs bedroom shower.  I think they need to mark it off to slope the concrete towards the drain.

It is hard to see here, but the blue pipes sticking up are for my kitchen island.  The pipe from the inner wall to the island will be 220v. electric for my cooktop, and 110v. for my outlets.  The pipe running from the outer wall to the island is a gas line, just in case I ever want to switch the island to a gas cooktop.